Web Development Lead (Developer)
Joining Fluent.ai provides you an opportunity to experience an exciting, disruptive technology startup poised for rapid growth. The technology has already been validated by world-renowned academic experts as well as major industrial customers in diverse sectors. You will be joining a diverse, dedicated, smart and fun team. With other members of the team, you will push the frontiers of machine learning and speech recognition research in order to develop advanced solutions. We work hard, we don’t always agree, but we always laugh out loud and we always move forward together; will you be able to keep up? We certainly hope so!
- Work closely with the VP of Operations and Product Manager to establish new features and functionalities
- Mentor and grow a team of web developers (back-end front-end and QA)
- Maintain and grow the current system architecture to maintain future system growth.
- Perform development tasks and code reviews to assist the delivery of the platform.
- Perform daily follow up on ongoing tasks, removing roadblocks as needed
- Determine and implement best practices regarding development, and align yourself with other development departments
- Motivate the web development team and ensure it's working at maximum efficiency
- Act as scrum master and maintain activities in JIRA
- Determine and enforce the web development lifecycle workflows (code reviews, QA, go-live process, release notes, documentation)
- Cultivate operational excellence through metrics and continuous learning
- Proven ability to lead web development using mostly React/Redux and Node Js
- Proven leadership and management abilities to lead to greatness
- Bachelor's degree in a computer science field is required, as well as 6-9 years of relevant experience.
- A positive, can-do attitude and the energy to get it done, even when the situation is hard
- Proven demonstration of effective problem solving
- Strong knowledge of how to have efficient workflow for web development
- Customer-oriented, with a desire to offer a great customer service
- Ability to effectively coordinate multiple tasks of varying complexities and meet deadlines
- Strong experience using JIRA
- Strong, dedicated work ethic
Other beneficial assets:
- Strong Dev Ops and deployment of SaaS based application.
- Experience with Auth-as-a-Service frameworks (Auth0)
- Source code management experience (GIT, Github)
- Development process management (Jira/Confluence)
- Knowledge/experience with AWS/Google Cloud
- Machine Learning or Signal processing experience
Our team is dedicated to the vision of enabling voice control for all – breaking down the barriers presented by our English-centric world. We’re a vibrant startup located in the heart of downtown Montreal. At Fluent.ai, you will be an early team member, leading work on an exciting, disruptive technology that is poised for rapid growth. You will also be an important part of cultivating and shaping our team culture – a culture that challenges you in an open and respectful environment where your ideas are important. We have a team-first attitude and collaboration is not only encouraged, but essential to solve the big problems we have chosen to tackle.
We are assembling a diverse group with variety in age, skillset, and background, so if you share our vision and can keep up with our hustle, we want to connect with you.