Software Developer C/C++
Fluent.ai, located in downtown Montreal, is disrupting the speech recognition and understanding market using visionary new deep learning and other machine techniques to enable acoustic-only speech recognition. By associating speech to intent without requiring a speech-to-text translation, Fluent.ai opens a wide variety of new applications and provides higher accuracy and more robust performance unattainable using incumbent methods.
Joining Fluent.ai provides you an opportunity to be an early team member would allow you to work on an exciting, disruptive technology poised for rapid growth. The technology has already been validated by world-renowned academic experts as well as major industrial customers in diverse sectors. Now we are looking for the right people to share our vision and hustle to achieve execution excellence in select sectors. You will be joining a diverse, dedicated, smart and fun team. We work hard, we don’t always agree, but we always laugh out loud and we always move forward together; will you be able to keep up? We certainly hope so!
You are a creative and motivated individual with a keen interest in growing in an exciting startup environment. As part of a high-performance team, you will be responsible for developing software development kits and delivering complex, scalable software solutions for speech recognition applications. We require someone with a strong background in software performance optimization. Skills in C/C++ and other web development languages are important.
- A graduate degree in Computer Science
- 2+ years of software development experience
- C++ development experience a big asset.
- Proficiency with compilers and build script management.
- Concurrency programming
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities
Other beneficial assets:
- Knowledge of fundamental concepts in speech processing
- Knowledge of fundamental concepts of machine learning and/or matrix computations
- Knowledge of Python is an asset..
- Experience with scientific computing libraries based on C++, Java and Python
- Knowledge or working experience in high transaction scalable micro service environments.
- Proficient with API and socket connections
Our team is dedicated to the vision of enabling voice control for all – breaking down the barriers presented by our English-centric world. We’re a vibrant startup located in the heart of downtown Montreal. At Fluent.ai, you will be an early team member, leading work on an exciting, disruptive technology that is poised for rapid growth. You will also be an important part of cultivating and shaping our team culture – a culture that challenges you in an open and respectful environment where your ideas are important. We have a team-first attitude and collaboration is not only encouraged, but essential to solve the big problems we have chosen to tackle.
We are assembling a diverse group with variety in age, skillset, and background, so if you share our vision and can keep up with our hustle, we want to connect with you.