Machine Learning Scientist (PhD) Fulltime and Internships
Fluent.ai believes that voice has the potential to be the dominant interface for a range of today’s devices, from voice attendants, to wearables, to smart home devises. However, current speech recognition technology is challenged by regional accents, speech impediments, and background noise, making it just a little too unreliable for wide scale adoption. We employ sophisticated neural network and machine learning technology that works entirely in the acoustic domain to create a speech to understanding solution focused on understanding the user – achieving the reliability we need.
Fluent.ai is seeking an experienced scientist with a strong background in speech recognition, signal processing and machine learning. You are a creative and motivated individual with a keen interest in growing in an exciting start-up environment. You will be part of a team that delivers complex, scalable software solutions for applications based on speech recognition.
You will be responsible for design, development, test, and deployment of speech models supporting a range of products and services. With other members of the team, you will push the frontiers of machine learning and speech recognition research in order to develop advanced solutions. As our company grows, you will also be responsible for assisting in hiring other scientists, communicating with the developer team, anticipating bottlenecks, mitigating project risks and making trade-offs with respect to business needs and technical constraints.This position will be located at our vibrant location in Downtown Montreal.
- Must have either completed a PhD or be currently enrolled in a PhD program with a focus on machine learning (deep learning, reinforcement learning) and/or speech recognition and/or natural language processing
- Proficiency in Python and/or C/C++
- Familiarity with various deep learning techniques
- Familiarity with scientific computing libraries is a plus
- Positive team player attitude with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities
- Self-motivation and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done
- Experience working effectively with software engineering teams
- Creative thinking and a strong research background with good publication record
Our team is dedicated to the vision of enabling voice control for all – breaking down the barriers presented by our English-centric world. We’re a vibrant startup located in the heart of downtown Montreal. At Fluent.ai, you will be an early team member, leading work on an exciting, disruptive technology that is poised for rapid growth. You will also be an important part of cultivating and shaping our team culture – a culture that challenges you in an open and respectful environment where your ideas are important. We have a team-first attitude and collaboration is not only encouraged, but essential to solve the big problems we have chosen to tackle.
We are assembling a diverse group with variety in age, skillset, and background, so if you share our vision and can keep up with our hustle, we want to connect with you.
We are also accepting interns for 4 or more months for research in machine learning. Please add a cover letter and specify your intent if you are applying for an internship.